City of Odessa
Ratliff Ranch Golf Links
Daily Policies and Procedures
- Play will start from the #1 tee unless prior permission is obtained from Ratliff Ranch staff.
Every player must have their own set of clubs.
Do not drive or enter native areas.
Rake all sand traps, replace divots and repair ball marks on greens.
Proper golf attire is required at all times:
Men: shirt with sleeves or golf shirts are acceptable, no cut offs or tank tops allowed, jeans are okay, not preferred.
Women: golf shirts and sport shirts with or without a collar and with or without sleeves (material must cover shoulder) are acceptable attire.
This is a soft spikes only facility.
a) Operator must be 18 years of age and have valid drivers license.
b) Only 2 players and 2 bags per cart.
Please refrain from riding more than 2 in a cart, or riding along the back of the cart.
Carts are issued to golfers only based upon number of players in group (i.e. 1 cart 2 players, 2 carts 3-4 players, 3 carts 5 players).
Spectator carts: Will be allowed based upon availability and must be separate from the golfing group. All spectator carts will be required to stay on the cart path at all times. Players and spectators are not allowed to ride together (same cart) unless their group has an open seat.
Avoid slow play - Players with one hole open ahead, must allow faster groups to play through. A 9-hole round of golf, should be completed in no more than 2 hours.
It shall be unlawful for any person to consume any alcoholic beverage at Ratliff Ranch Golf Links unless said alcohol is purchased from the concessionaire at Ratliff Ranch. (City of Odessa Code of Ordinances 12A-7).
This course is irrigated with non-potable water, do not drink unless from designated water stations.
10. Please be aware of the grounds crew during your round as they are doing routine / ongoing maintenance.
11. Private carts are not permitted at Ratliff Ranch Golf Links!
Handicap Cart Path Policy during Winter months of "Cart Path Only"
12. Carts must maintain a distance of 15 ft from the edge of the tee box and from the edge of the green
13. Carts must abide by the 90 degree rule at all times.
14. Course management reserves the right to restrict golf cart traffic in rare instances, such as when excessive heat, moisture, stress, new turf, or other weather related or maintenance related conditions would create an extreme safety issue, or would result in any cart traffic causing serious damage to the course.
Course closure OR tee time delay due to inclement weather
- On cold mornings/days please contact the golf shop at 432-550-8181 to inquire about adjusted play times. As a general rule, if the air temperature is 32* or lower, the course will not open because the bentgrass greens are frozen. If the temperature rises above 34*, the course will ONLY open per the golf superintendent's approval. There are many factors to consider when deciding to allow play during a freeze event, which normally occurs overnight in the winter.
USGA Rules will govern all play except as modified by local rulesTee Time Policy
Rain Check Policy
In the case of inclement weather, rain checks will be given on a pro-rated basis, upon staff discretion. Rain checks shall not be issued if a golfer begins or resumes play once advised of imminently threatening weather conditions, or if the "No Rain Check" sign has been posted. When lightning or thunder is nearby, three loud signals will be sounded by golf staff. Golfers should cease play immediately and take shelter. Thereafter, one loud signal means play may resume. The City of Odessa assumes no responsibility for injury to any golfer(s) due to weather related conditions.
The Golf Professional and staff shall enforce all rules and regulations adopted by the City of Odessa. Compliance with the rules is a condition of use of Ratliff Ranch Golf Links and will result in expulsion from the course. In the event of expulsion, golfing fees shall be forfeited.